How to Promote a Website – Incredibly Easy Methods to Learn and Execute
Having the best website in the world without promotion is like putting on your best suit in pitch black darkness. Both the outfit and the site will still be awesome, yet the lack of eyeballs on both of them will ultimately render their appeal pointless. That’s why the smart promotion of your website is a skill you need to develop in parallel to what you already do with creating superb content and engaging audience. First of all, let us make one thing clear from the start: website promotion is not rocket science or something requiring a degree in marketing. Actually, all of the methods presented in this post are rather easy to learn and implement and will gratefully repay you every cent you invest in them.
SEO Makes Your Website More Visible
So, everybody tells you that the content is the king and you (rightfully) spend most of your time and resources on creating and polishing it. That’s good, but what about dedicating a portion of your time to making it more visible and accessible to the audience that may want to interact with it? That is why you need to focus on search engine optimization (SEO) and familiarize yourself with the best ways to implement it efficiently. Let’s check how you can do this with few simple methods:
- Use the Google keyword tool planner. It will help you identify the most important keywords for your target market and, subsequently, improve your rankings.
- Focus on low competition keywords that are often searched for. This will allow you to plan ahead with writing posts that will be readily noticeable among the search results and more likely to drive natural traffic.
- Check if the keywords you pick are added to meta-descriptions, the title or the content on your website. If you are using images, do not forget to add these to their title tags.
- Do not forget mobile SEO. Go through mobile usability reports via the Google Search Console and fix any issues which may hamper mobile traffic. Never ignore even seemingly unimportant things, such as checking if font sizes are correct and the viewport is adequately configured.
- Learn how to use content auditing tools such as SEMrush. Make a checklist of the content that needs to be tweaked with proper links, titles or keywords.
Image Credit: Flickr
Adding PPC Advertising to the Mix
PPC advertising serves to drive traffic from search engines to the website you want to promote. To achieve this, you’ll have to pay a fixed fee for any click your website’s ad receives in the search engine. Your site will be promoted by springing up among SERPs once a user types in a specific keyword or keyphrase in the search engine. This requires you to choose these words carefully, as this model can be great for promoting your website by targeting select audience instead of using the pay-and-spray variety of online advertising. As such, PPC advertising will allow you to present your site to a whole lot of new audience that is highly likely to find it engaging in advance!Site promotion using PPC works best when paired with your SEO efforts, as aligning these two is bound to bring about the best results. For example, PPC marketing involves preparing a list of long-tail keywords that can help you tune your website’s content in line with achieving better ranking and audience targeting.
Social Media Are a No-Brainer
Social media emerged as one of the best hubs for any promotion, which includes websites as well. They are present everywhere and allow you to interact with your audience to build a robust online presence. Working with these platforms is straightforward, yet one can easily fall into the trap of sticking only to the best known social media channels for website promotion. No, this does not have to be on Facebook alone, as you are more than welcome to check the following platforms as well:
- Facebook Page
Depending on the type of content your website offers, try to come up with a general idea about where your potential audience members may hang out in the virtual world. Check the relevant forums that are related to the content you produce to get in touch with people who may be interested in what you have to offer. Take part in discussions there and, once you feel settled enough within these communities, start sharing your website’s content.In addition, you can easily use the following promotion methods on social media:
- Run contests, games or giveaways connected with your unique landing page in exchange for contact information or support for the official social media page of your website.
- You can reward your new followers with special content access offers or personalized “thank you” messages.
- You can also post images or videos which promote your website by showing your daily activities related to it and giving your work a “human” angle.
In any case, do not forget that promoting your website on social media is a two-way interaction in which you closely engage your audience in parallel with their engagement with the content they come for.
Boosting Your Online Presence
Bear in mind that you can also boost posts in which you share your site’s content on Facebook and engage in targeting new users. You can use Facebook advertising whenever you feel that you want to go beyond the limits of “organic” promotion of your website. Facebook Ads Manager allows you to target your audience based on various parameters, such as their geographic location, age, and interests, which are key considerations in determining who may find your website most interesting! You can design Facebook ads yourself with the help of Ads Manager or Power Editor.
Email Goes a Long Way in Promotion
There is one important lesson that you should never forget: your good old email can be your hidden website promotion champion! You can use your website or its social media page to put email opt-ins to help you acquire your users’ contact information. Once you start growing your list of subscribers, you can start promoting your website by informing them about its content or offering free promotional stuff. Do encourage your subscribers to share your promotional content on the networks they spend their time on. Check the following tips as well:
- Any website promotion necessarily involves making it a brand in the process. You’d do well to come up with a signature for your email account, SMS or forum posts, which will include your website’s URL. In addition to becoming recognizable, other users will be more likely to click on the provided URL and land on your website.
- Finally, things come full circle with the awareness of the need to combine all of these efforts with creating quality content on your website. It is a lifeline for your website and the key to achieving better ranking and keeping your audience. Keep the quality content coming and turn satisfied readers and loyal visitors into the best unpaid promoters of your website!
Website promotion does not have to be a complicated endeavor, as long as you keep all of your efforts unified under the same umbrella goal. In this manner, all of the methods you put to use will be much more efficient if you make them complement each other. Thus, your SEO efforts will be best combined by investing in PPC promotion, while social media marketing will go together with advertising on the same media. Whatever method you pick as your favorite, you’ll have to remember that its efficiency will ultimately depend on how well you support the quality of the content you offer on your website.